Encuesta revela tendencias electorales en Texas a menos de 100 días – Meczyki

LAREDO, Texas.- En la carrera por la gubernatura del estado de la estrella solitaria, el republicano Greg Abbott surpasses al mócrata Beto O’Rourke en un 5 por cientes, entre los probables votantes, con un 49 por cientopor4. The difference between the candidates is 5 percent indecisive and 2 percent who will cast their vote in favor of Mark Tippetts.

Also, more than 9 out of 10 voters of Abbott -95 per cent- and O’Rourke -92 per cent- are sure of the meaning of their vote, while the remaining 5 and 8 per cent, respectively, are likely to vote for the day. the elections.

Para conocer el panorama electoral a 97 días de los comicios generales de noviembre, e identificar las preferences y opiniones con respecte a los candidates gubernador de Texas, la Escuela Hobby de Asuntos Públicos de la Universidad en encuentos realestó de la Universidad.

The survey was conducted between June 27 and July 7, 2022, both in English and in Spanish, and 1,169 people from YouGov are registered to vote in the state. Calculated +/- 2.9.

The results of the survey are delivered in three reports, the first one examines the voting intention of the Texans for the elections of Governor, Vice Governor and Fiscal General of Texas, as well as opinions regarding diverse issues.

El crecimiento de la population en Texas, sobre todo de las “minorías” como los Latinos, extranjeros en General y población afroamericana, es un tema que puede dar giro a los resultados de las elecciones. In this sense, Abbott has a 27-percent advantage over O’Rourke among white voters, while the Democrat has a 72-percent advantage among black voters, and even more among black voters. .

También, algunas politicas públicas modificadas recententes como la del derecho al abortion, pone en tensión la intensiona de voto, entre las mujeres principamente. Here, O’Rourke has 6 per cent more support among women, while Abbott has a 38 per cent advantage among men.

Por otro lado, los texanos que pertenecen a generaciones como la Baby boomer y la X, favoresen al republicano un 18 y 9 por ciento más respective. The binding of sin, entre los Millennials y Generation Zaventaja el democrata un 15 por ciento.

Other 15 important topics were consulted during the survey, here the results indicate that more than three-quarters of the likely voters in Texas agree that the following five topics are extremacienocientes (4) and security pública (83 per cento), crecimiento económico (78 per cento), gasto público e impuestos (78 per cento) and costos de atención medica (76 per cento).

Only three topics are extremely or very important for less than half of those surveyed at the moment of deciding who will vote in the 2022 governor elections: climate change (48 percent), politicians (Covid194) and rights. LGBTQ (36 percent).

For Greg Abbott’s voters, there are four themes that are extremely or very important to more than nine out of every ten voters at the moment of deciding who will be their next governor: inflation (96 per cent), immigration (96 per cent), immigration (96 per cent). por ciento), immigración (96) delincuencia y seguridad pública (92 por ciento) y gasto público e impuestos (91 por ciento).

The possible voters of O’Rourke have different priorities of topics, for them, there are three that are extremely or very important for more than nine out of every ten people: derechos de voto (94 percent), control of arms (92 percent). and medical attention costs (90 percent).

It should be noted that the survey was carried out with a methodology similar to the one used in 2020, when it was projected that Donald Trump would defeat Joe Biden by 5.3 percent in Texas.