To get a roundup of Meczyki.Net’s biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3PM PDT, subscribe here,
hodges And I’m swapping places for the next couple of days while he gets some much-needed rest. While he’s away, please enjoy his latest Pitch Deck teardown on GlamBook. In the meantime, Disrupt is coming to a close: Meet the final five Disrupt Audience Choice Roundtable winners, and if you’re a student, enter our video contest for a chance to win a free pass.
And don’t forget, applications for Startup Battlefield 200 will close tomorrow! Apply today to join Startup Battlefield 200 and get the opportunity to showcase your startup for free on Meczyki.Net Disrupt this October and win a $100,000 equity-free prize. Applications close on August 5. Be sure to receive your applications by tomorrow! apply today.
see you tomorrow! , Christine
Meczyki.Net Top 3
- tooling aroundTwo years ago, two former Palantir engineers started System Kurtosis, a crypto-focused developer tool, and have now raised $20 million in new funding, hiring a team to get a new product out next year, Jacqueline Report.
- longing on some capital: Argentine fintech Geopagos bootstraps life behind as it takes in $35 million in new capital to help businesses launch their own financial services products, Mary Ann writes.
- ‘Snapping in some share buybacks’Snap and Airbnb take steps to buy back shares amid slowing growth alex Raising his eyebrows looking under the hood to see what’s going on.
Startups and VCs
Today again a lot of news of startup, so let’s see. before, Natasha Moe Brings us some additional layoff news from On Deck, which is cutting a third of its workforce after cutting a quarter a few months ago. For those of you who can add fractions, that’s a lot, isn’t it?
we enjoyed reading BeccaThe Story of K’s Investor Survey, where they first interviewed six fund managers about their approach to coping with a recession.
Plus, buy now, pay later is still more prevalent in the consumer world (see AnitaFunding story on the holiday), but businesses also want to have fun. That’s where Contempo comes in with $30 million and its approach to enable sales teams to approve credit, Kelly Report.
- One app daily keeps ads away: No one likes pop-up ads, and a new app, Banish, makes you feel, Sarah writes.
- Connecting Content to People: Clutch off on some early-stage funding to match creators with businesses that need content, dominican-madoric Report.
- ril good:rill, a business dashboard tool, talks for the first time about a new round and its product that embeds a database and instant user experience, ron writes.
- an offer they couldn’t refuseMiroBio, a startup developing treatments for autoimmune patients, accepted an offer to be part of Gilead Sciences for $405 million, Paul Report.
From NDA to LOI: What Really Happens When Your Startup Is Being Acquired?
Last week, Dell Technologies Capital’s VP and Managing Director Yair Snir shared an article explaining why founders should plan to make an acquisition, especially when their chances of going public are so long.
In a follow-up action, he takes readers inside the post-acquisition integration period/process:
- shopping sprint
- a LOI. road to
- bring in bankers
- diving due diligence
- Defining “the first day”
- You have been acquired!
“While an IPO may get more headlines, a well-planned, well-planned acquisition can mean even bigger opportunities for you, your team, and the technologies you build,” says Snir.
(Meczyki.Net+ is our membership program that helps founders and startup teams grow. You can sign up here,
Big Tech Inc.
When it comes to cryptocurrencies, BlackRock is now saying, “Why beat them when you can join them?” Anita Krypto writes about the giant joining force with Coinbase to initially give its customers access to bitcoin, crypto. And speaking of Coinbase, Jacqueline And alex Write for Meczyki.Net+ why that partnership, and those of Coinbase, is delighting investors.
In the realm of social media, we enjoyed AMANDAThe story of where she talked with Patreon CEO Jack Conte about why Instagram and Facebook are on her list, and not in a good way. And Ayesha Tells us what’s up with some of the new Clubhouse features.
- car talk: Volkswagen is gearing up to introduce a cheaper version of its 2023 ID.4 later this year, Kirsten writes. During this, Rebecca UFODrive, a European electric vehicle rental startup, debuts in San Francisco, and brings you stories on what’s happening to Lyft employees after news of some layoffs.
- valley world layoffsInflation: Even the biggest companies are checking their budgets, and in this case, Ivan The report says that Walmart has cut 200 corporate employees.
- G. key in samsung, Ivan Samsung also writes about bringing Amazon Luna games to its smart TVs and monitors, while Brian It sheds light on what goodies Samsung might announce at next week’s Unpacked event.
- streamer away: In today’s streaming news, fresh Reports of launching a local service in Nigeria on Amazon Prime Video, while lauren SoundCloud announced some layoffs, and Paramount+ has had a good quarter in terms of subscriber count.
- giving back, not what they wanted, Manish reports that the State Bank of Pakistan ordered fintech startup TAG to return all funds to customers, “citing violations of regulatory requirements and ‘other concerns’, posing existential questions over the startup’s future.”