Jason Garrett has finally been fired. After another gloomy display on Monday night in Tampa from the Giants offensive, it was the only decision to be made on Tuesday.
We have all the reaction to the decision, the loss by 30-10 against the Bucs, a look ahead to the Giants-Eagles and honor Michael Strahan … all in the latest “Blue Rush” podcast featuring Lawrence Tynes and Paul Schwartz.
Blue Rush Podcast with Paul, Lawrence, Jake & Sarah:
- GARRETT FIRED: It has finally happened. This was a no-brainer. After Monday’s performance, that was enough. Joe Judge will not yet say whether Freddie Kitchens will be playcall for the rest of the season. What’s the plan here?
- SAQUON: Barkley does not look ready to play football. It looked like he was playing scared and not to get hurt. Tynes believes Devontae Booker should start and get more playing time than Barkley.
- OFFENSIVE LINE: Matt Peart should be out there over Nate Solder. Talking to Will Hernandez was a killer. Daniel Jones was pressed about 50 percent of the time on Monday. This O-line has been brutal.
- DANIEL JONES: Is he just not a good QB? Is the bad O-line, coaching and everything around him to blame? Will the Giants need to find a new QB this off-season? Who is most wrong? Producer Sarah McCrory defends DJ and gets into the answers she got on Twitter from people who blame QB.
- GIANTS-EAGLES NEGOTIATION / MICHAEL STRAHAN: Can the Giants take down an Eagles team that plays better? Tynes and Schwartz share their memories of Strahan when he is honored on Sunday at MetLife Stadium.
Keep track of all episodes of “Blue rush, “A New York Giants podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Lawrence Tynes, Paul Schwartz and Jake Brown on Twitter @ lt4kicks, @NYPost_Schwartz and @JakeBrownRadio. New episodes of the program are released on Mondays and Thursdays.